Minor tech problem, as usual I'll blog it in case this rings a
bell with anyone, being a lazy so-and-so.
A few weeks ago, one of the ISPs I'm using wasn't giving me good DNS, it was intermittent. So I searched around a bit and found the djbdns tools which I installed on the server here. Ok, I've now got a DNS cache in striking distance. The problem is, I've been using Firebird as an aggregator substitute recently, just got about a dozen pages bookmarked. When I do 'open in tabs' it'll get to 8 or 9 and then give me lookup errors.
I'm wired to the server over 10baseT, nothing heavy duty going on anywhere else, not noticed any other network problems that might be related. That's Debian unstable, this is Win2k.
The dnscache log file looks ok (to my untrained eye), but I suspect it isn't receiving the lookup queries…maybe…*clunk*…ah, that's what I need to check next…
But in the meantime, if it does sound familiar, please pop me a comment.[Danny]