Trying to come up with a creative deal toy by oneself can be a dilemma. For one, doing this can be a daunting task to no avail. Not to mention, trying to accomplish this can take away from the focus of the business. Also, facing the same predictable suggestions can be redundant and ineffective.
Because of these issues, business owners/managers could do further research, as with this article, in finding greatly suggestive ideas. There are innovative ways in obtaining a more memorable deal toy, and one sure way of coming up with a more memorable deal toy is by using some overlooked sources of inspiration, such as the following:
- Playing Off the Project/Code Name of the Deal- a customized and unique deal toy with the project or code name will resonate for years.
- Deal Toys including Relevant Locations, especially cross-border transactions- from a Lucite deal toy with a shape of a state, country, or city to flags or other national symbols will resonate if relevant to the deal.
- Basing the deal toy on the transaction type- it can be a Dutch auction, spin-off, swap, or others.
- Using an Inside Joke or Bond that Resonates with the Team- this will be meaningful for years to come especially when the inside joke or bond is the focal point of the deal.
- Highlighting the Deal’s Significance- the deal could be groundbreaking, a barrier, or record breaking, for instance.
- Playing off the Deal’s Distinguishing Feature- for instance, if the negotiation was grueling, a 3-D display of a Sisyphus pushing a giant rock uphill and bearing the logo of the opposing party is distinguishable in showing how grueling and arduous the negotiation was.
With these inspirations and perhaps more, as one’s imagination can take him/her, the inspiration can be presented in different ways that show significance to that specific deal. The deal toy can be presented at a closing dinner, for instance, and different materials can be used in creating the deal toy.
Different Materials for Every Wish
From the classical crystal bowls and Lucite tombstones to 3-D pieces, the sky is the limit of the different materials to use for deal toys. With the traditional Lucite, it has been used since the late 19th century. It’s a classic that is a translucent and clear material. Lucite is the only material in which something can be embedded in. Also, it’s 98 % recyclable.
The crystal is another classic in which the crystal bowl was the deal toy used back in the Gilded era. It’s now perfect for 3-D financial and etching tombstones into standard shapes. Glass and crystal are the most popular, non-Lucite gifts within the deal making industry. Other than these materials, the newer materials used for deal toys include the following:
- Metal- a really strong material requiring a lot of techniques and tools to achieve the aesthetic desired.
- Stone- a great material used for a more elegant looking design. It can be the base or the entire tombstone.
- Wood- a fibrous and hard substance that can be used for custom and standard shaped deal toys. This material is great for customers with traditional tastes. Combined with crystal, it is beautiful, and it can be varnished into an exact shade match.